Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy Busy

Wow.  I can't believe how quickly everything got so busy.  I mean, I was expecting it, but I still feel a little surprised.  I guess I knew that I'd be going out almost every night, but I glossed over in my mind that we'd have real life classes during Pre-Term.  Sure, there are no grades.  But you still need to know the material because you can get tested on it in the Fall.  Or, if you're trying to waive, the stakes are high because you need to pass that waiver exam.  
Today I bought my first text books since undergrad.  Actually, when I was in undergrad, I benefited from a sweet deal that got me free books each Fall.  I was in the band, and a group of us performed in front of the downtown store on Friday nights before football games.  In exchange - free books!  I wish I could work out something similar here, but something tells me there will be no occasion to play my clarinet outside of the bookstore.  At least, none that would inspire the owner to give me free textbooks ;)
Anyway, I'm already behind in my Math Camp homework (thankfully it does not get collected).  I tried to read from my Managerial Economics book today, but I couldn't get through the chapter.  My mind kept wandering.  I used to be able to tear through this stuff once upon a time.  I don't know why I'm struggling so much to turn myself back into a student.  Sigh.  I'm sure I'll get there eventually.  

No comments:

Post a Comment